Crawl Space Drainage
A dirt crawl space under a home is really a very bad idea. The earth has very high humidity in the soil. This water vapor moves easily into the crawl space and upward into the house environment. We know all too well that in Seattle there is no shortage of moisture. A damp crawlspace environment is very unhealthy and destructive. Mold thrives by producing airborne spores by the millions, and some molds are toxic. Insects and critters of all kinds love damp environments and wet materials. Rot and decay occur in damp environments causing structural damage.
Not to worry
Tri State Water Proofing & Home Improvement has a crawl space solution for you.
Homes that are built over an exposed crawlspace have been linked to serious health and home issues. Some of the most common problems related to crawlspaces are:
- Musty odors throughout your home.
- Mold or moisture damage in the crawl or your basement.
- Excessive humidity levels in the living areas.
- Condensation on air conditioning ductwork within the crawlspace.
- Condensation on foundation walls, water pipes, or on the insulation.
- Radon levels exceeding EPA standards.
- Rodent and insect infestations.
- Wood rot on crawl space joists or framing.
- Warped hardwood floors.
- Cold ceramic tile or hardwood floors above the crawlspace.
- Higher than necessary utility bills due to wasted energy
The natural airflow in a house is from bottom to top. This sucks the moist air and everything in it up into the living areas of the home. Mold spores, odors, humidity and critters create a very unhealthy environment for people. Many people are allergic to these things, and experience a host of symptoms and don't realize that their dirt crawl space is affecting their health. Dirt crawl spaces do not have to be wet or flooded to be extremely unhealthy.
We offer a real solution to dirt crawl spaces - The Tri State Water Proofing Premium Crawl Space Solution. This system completely isolates your home from the earth. Our vapor barrier liner is thick. The crawl space is graded to eliminate any low spots, a drench is dug around the perimeter leading any moisture that may get in to feed into a discharge system. This will dramatically reduce the humidity level in the air, reduce mold growth, rot and critters from your crawlspace and help to make the whole house healthier.